Debra Gordon Zaslow travels nationwide, inspiring audiences with her stories. Her repertoire features Jewish folktales, stories with strong female characters, and personal stories blended magically with stories from around the globe.
Invite Debra Zaslow to your community for a performance or workshop:
For Synagogues and Jewish communities:
Jewish Folktales, Hasidic stories, traditional and modern, blended with personal stories to create a program alive with ageless wonder, tears and laughter.
For Schools and libraries:
Multicultural folktales, lively participation stories, and tales of women with wit, wisdom and courage.
From one hour to a full day: designed to fit the needs of your community or organization.
Debra Zaslow has been at keynote presenter at conferences around the country. Invite her to your conference for an uplifting presentation filled with inspirational stories.
“The Samurai and the Tea Master,” a Buddhist story.
“Reb Aryeh and the Language of the Birds” is an original combination of a Bal shem Tov story about Reb Aryeh Leib of Polnoye, and personal story about Reb Aryeh Hirschfield of Oregon.
What others say:
“Some tellers only tell a story—but Debra enlightens the story, infusing it with extra light, wisdom and power.”
Jane Yolen, Author, storyteller
“Debra Zaslow is a modern maggidah. The way in which she tells her stories turns you from hearing into seeing and participating in the events she describes. The way she moves from the tale to her reflection is a wonderful example of how we can best internalize the seemingly simple tales to heal our complicated lives.”
Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi
“Debra has a way of looking life in the eye—a courage and humor that invite us directly into her world.”
Jay O’Callahan, Storyteller, author
“Debra has a gift from heaven to put the light of the day and the light of the night, the sweetness of laughter and the depth of sadness – all in her stories. When you listen to her she pushes deep buttons in your heart and you suddenly remember all that which you never forgot.”
Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach, z”l
Return Again CD
“Return Again, Stories of Healing and Renewal” is a unique CD featuring stories of transformation for the High Holy Days and all year long. The weaving of Jewish folktales with personal tales…
Debra Gordon Zaslow Has Been Featured as a Storyteller or Speaker at:
- National Storytelling Conference, Atlanta, Georgia
- National Storytelling Festival, Jonesboro Tennessee
- National Council of Teachers of English, San Diego State University
- American Business Women’s Association Northwest Conference, Medford, OR
- Hadassah Women’s Conference, Hampshire College, Amherst, MA
- National Women’s History Conference. College of the Siskiyous, Weed, California
- Conference on Alternatives in Jewish Education: Atlanta, GA, Seattle, WA, Columbus, OH
- Elat Chaim Jewish Retreat Center, Accord, NY
- Or Tzafon Spiritual Retreat, Traverse city, MI
- Aleph Kallah Jewish Renewal Conferences: Corvallis, OR, Columbus, OH, Albuquerque, NM
- Redlands, CA, Colorado Springs, CO, Rindge, NH
- Bay Area Jewish Educators Conference, San Francisco, CA
- Andover-Newton Theological School, Newton, MA
- Harvard Epworth United Methodist Church, Cambridge, MA
- Jewish Federation, Eugene OR
- Congregation B’nei Or, Newton, MA
- Rogue Valley Medical Center, Medford, OR
- Atheneum Art Center, La Jolla, CA
- Congregation Nevei Kodesh, Boulder, CO
- Congregation Kol Shofar, Tiburon, CA
- Congregation Kona Beth Israel, Kona, HI
- Congregation P’Nai Or, Portland OR
- St Mark Episcopal Church, Portland, OR
- Temple Beth Israel, Eugene, OR
- Elderhostel, Southern Oregon University, Ashland, OR
- Rogue Community College SOU Center for Higher Learning, Medford, OR
- United Church Women Interfaith Spirituality Conference, Medford, OR